Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Those hard days

ˉTwo years ago, I was learning how to research from my teacher. I joined the researching team which study cell. I learned how to treat people, keep clean the environment, perform researching attitude, and please my boss. There is a good place let me grow.
ˉThe place I stay is a laboratory which provide good environment for research. There are many strange implements and creature here, for example, liquid nitrogen, cell plate, virus, bacteria, electrophoresis, and ultraviolet lamp. Many strange things do not exist in our daily life, but those are very useful for academic requirement.
ˉFirst I learned is how to treat people. It is important to cooperate with your partner in laboratory, so you should keep good relationship with all people in that environment. Keeping kind and modest to everyone is the basic. The most important is sincere. If the way you do is not really what you want, everything will get unnatural. What you do must base on your truth heart, and keep your heart good and kindly.
ˉIn the research of cell, little dirty thing like dust can pollute all the lab, so keeping clean is also an important thing. I must agree that I am a sloppy boy, so keep clean is a strange motion to my. But for my friends in the lab I have to learn how to do. I sweep and clean up the rest room in lab often and also clean up the lab. I start to forget the sloppy guy I in the past and keep neat myself.
ˉIn the academia, cheating and lying is forbidden. We have to do every experiment factually. Do not concoct and fake. Otherwise, when you devote to research, patience and carefulness are essential. The process of researching is boring and routine, if without patience and carefulness, you may mess up everything. You must regulate your attitude in the way of researching.
ˉFinally, I learned how to please my boss. Boss means the leader of the lab. The boss has the highest authority, so every one in the lab must bow before boss. I know that concept of the "boss culture" from senior, so I learned how to please my boss. If my boss says "yes", everybody must say "yes". If my boss points the west, nobody dare to go east. I agree all the idea my boss bring up and dare not to give anything advise. I buy the lunch for my boss. If my boss needs some people work for him, I volunteer be the first one. It is really hard to me.
ˉAlthough my boss is not friendly to everybody in the lab, but the upper classmen and upper class women are really friendly to me. I miss all my partners so much.


p.s. The upper picture is my friends. The lower picture is a kind of cells called"cos7", it is a cell from monkey I remember. We used a fluorescent dye to adhere the cell's actins and then took the photo by fluoroscope.

No comments: